If you are interested in any of the positions available at WP please complete our Employment Application including resume and Character Based Hiring Form by clicking on the links below and someone will be in touch. Thank you for considering WP Manufacturing.
Please complete both forms below. We will not be able to process your application if both forms are not completed.
Plastic Injection Machine Operator
1st, 2nd, and 3rd Shift Positions available
Machine Operator Summary of Duties:
The Machine Operator operates a plastic injection molding machine which may run either Automatic or Semi-Automatic jobs. The operator may load inserts in the molds for over molding. An operator inspects parts for quality, trims excess material from parts, and sorts parts if needed. Also, the operator packages finished parts according to customer requirements.
Machine Operator Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates plastic injection molding machines.
- Ensures machines are producing quality parts at expected production rates.
- Inspects parts for quality and communicates with Leads and Techs on any quality issues.
- Trims, sorts, and packages parts to meet customer specifications.
- Standing or sitting for up to 8 hours a day.
- Ensures parts are labeled properly with correct information including part name, material lot numbers, and quantity according to work order.
- Lifting boxes up to 50lbs in weight.
- Completes a daily production log to record good parts produced, bad parts, as well as any downtime on machines.
- Communicates to oncoming shift operator on status of work order, how the machine is running, and any new quality alerts.
- Clean-up of workstation to ensure a safe workspace for next operator.
- Ability to read and write English to complete daily production logs.
- Basic addition and subtraction to understand recording of good and bad parts.
- Ability to identify problems with how a machine is running and ability to communicate any issues to leads and or technicians.
- Other duties as assigned
Machine Operator Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to carry, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Machine Operator Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and heat. The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate.
resumes can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the link above and completing the employment application and character based hiring form.